Thursday, March 1, 2012

"It's a Lifestyle Change"

I'm sure we have all heard the age old saying in regards to losing weight..."it's a lifestyle change." Well I am proof that indeed this statement is correct! 

Growing up I watched my parents stay active by running, going to the gym, and biking (they are both completely average weight, not heavy at all.) You would think this would have been motivation to me to want to be active as well, unfortunately it was not. I didn't really have any desire to get off the couch and get moving! In addition, I didn't care to control my portion sizes. I ate whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted without thinking twice about it.

An article was published about my success story on AOL.  You can read more through the link below:
Michelle Tackled Portion Control and Lost 100 Pounds

My life definitely changed when I changed my "lifestyle."  I now watch everything that goes into my mouth and always think about it.  I also make exercise a PRIORITY and don't skip it just because something better comes along.
Losing weight and this new lifestyle has made me into such a planner as well. I like to maximize my time and always prefer to make plans over living haphazardly! I now have the control that I didn't have before!

   

1 comment:

  1. Michelle - your point about not missing exercise is really true. I find that if my schedule is limited, I can make an excuse NOT to go to the gym. Before long, I am making excuses each day. Making the time to exercise has to be a priority. Great blog!!!!

    ReplyDelete